About Helping Hands
For over a decade, we have established business with strong clinical and administrative leadership as a leading agency in behavioral services. Our legal name is Helping Hands Consultation Services, Inc. D/B/A/ Helping Hands Children Services. We are registered with New York State Department of Education under this name. We have provided ABA and Special Education related services successfully for a decade in the NY area. We have a sister not for profit agency, the Behavioral Outreach, established in 2004 that receives NYS grant funding from the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) as well as private grants. We offer a year round social skills and recreation program with summer and school break social skills groups.
We at Helping Hands currently provide a wide variety of in-school and after-school behavior consultation, Autism services, trainings/workshops, behaviorally trained one-to-one paraprofessionals as well as special education teacher services, tutorial services, parent training, supervision of home ABA cases, resource room, and social skills programming. On a more limited basis, we provide counseling services (completed by psychologists and social workers). We have helped to set up ABA classrooms in many districts. In addition, our crisis response program has facilitated success amongst many learners, with their return to a classroom setting.
We currently serve over 70 Long Island School Districts and New York City Regions. On average, we serve well over 300 students and have over 200 specialized providers. We have full time doctoral level clinical staff as well as a full administrative team. Offering both Early Intervention and CPSE services, our agency is a New York State acknowledged exempt setting, also offering supervision for LBAs and BCBAs.
We're proud to be:
- Members of Professional Association for Behavior Analysts
- NYS certified to teach Autism Mandate training
- Led by a BCBA-D who has experience within the field for more than 20 years
- SED approved for CPSE and Early Intervention services
- OPWDD funded for our not-for-profit HHBO
- Working with insurance companies to honor the new Autism law
- CPI certified providers
- Known as leaders in the field of ABA and Behavior Consultation
- A primary agency for ABA in a variety of Long Island school districts
- Successfully working with thousands of children with Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Making positive changes in the lives of all the individuals within our care
Experience in School Districts:
We work in 70 school districts from Western Nassau to Eastern Suffolk as well as in all five NYC boroughs! We provide the districts that we work with detailed information on the progress of each student we service. We take pride in our level of emphasis on data collection and analysis to ensure consistent progress for all students and families within our care. We work in concert with teachers and administrators to ensure the best fit possible with each provider we assign to their teams.
Some of the workshops that we offer to districts both on-site and at our office include but are not limited to the following:
- Positive reinforcement in schools (for both school staff and faculty)
- Technology based strategies for students with and without special needs
- Basic foundations of ABA
- Data collection
- Graphing data
- Autism Mandate training