Center Based After School Program
Our program offers:
- After school behavioral support
- Recreational setting for structured and applied individual and group instruction
- Structured environment
- Use of our sensory and gross motor gyms
- Life and vocational skills
- Variety of activities including supervised cooking, arts & crafts, music, video games, and many more!
At HHCS, our After School Program works with various school districts to help students engage in and learn various recreational and leisure activities. The curriculum consists of cooking, music, sports and various social activities as well as tailored individual instruction of IEP goals and other behavioral objectives. Each individual benefits from instruction that targets their most relevant area of need. This includes daily living skills, conversation skills, communication, and vocational skills.
The lessons are conducted to teach skills in a fun, but also structured environment. Our activities consist of arts & crafts, music, games, gross motor activities, etc. Each learner’s behavior intervention strategies are incorporated into their time at the program.
For more information about our organization contact our Associate Director Kim Guillem at KGuillem@helpinghandschildren.com